Alcohol is not for everybody but sadly many spaces do not offer enough alternative options to accommodate everyone’s needs. This article is here to help. Here are a few options to make some fun drinks at home.
Hibiscus Infused Mocktail
Here is a great option for a mocktail with a hibiscus tea base.
Any flavor of SOBA Hibiscus Tea
Tablespoon Lime Juice
Tablespoon Lemon Juice
Teaspoon of honey
- Take a medium-sized glass and fill it halfway with SOBA Hibiscus tea
- Add a tablespoon of lime juice, a tablespoon of lemon juice, and a teaspoon of honey
- Once you have stirred that all together then fill the rest of the glass with sparkling water
- Give it one final stir to make sure every sip has a little bit of everything and you’re all set
- Try using different flavors of SOBA Hibiscus tea to make a drink with a little extra taste
A very popular drink to have in the summer time is a margarita. This is a fun way to turn that drink into a virgin margarita.
- Salt the rim of your glass by running a lime wedge around the rim then dipping it into a plate of salt
- Fill the glass with ice and set it aside
- Then into a shaker, put lime juice, orange juice, lemon juice, Tropical Pineapple, and agave nectar (You can play around with measurements depending on which flavor you want to be stronger)
- Once you have shaken all of it together, pour it out into your glass
- Top it off with some sparkling water and a lime wedge for garnish, if you're feeling fancy.
- And there you go the perfect virgin margarita
Virgin Pina Colada
Maybe you want something a little more tropical. Try this virgin pina colada recipe.
Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- Take your frozen pineapple chunks and ice and put them into your blender
- Then add your pineapple juice, coconut milk, and Tropical Pineapple, and puree until smooth
- Lastly, pour it into your glass and add your pineapple wedge and maraschino cherry as an extra flare on top
- The perfect drink to make on a nice beach vacation
Red Shirley Temple
Want a fun drink for you and the kids to enjoy. Then go for the classic shirley temple.
2 tablespoons of Grenadine
Any Form of White Soda
¼ cup of Classic
- Fill a glass with ice around 2 tablespoons of grenadine
- Add any form of white soda you would like (Some people use Sprite or Ginger Ale for some suggestions)
- Then add ¼ cup of our Classic flavor
- And a must is adding as many maraschino cherries as you want
- Just like that your family-friendly drink is made
End your summer off right by trying out these new fun recipes. Enjoy yourself, the non-alcohol way.
By Kelli Kamphaus and SOBA Team